Same fish, new camera

fman

It's a Konica Minolta 5D - one of the last ones. Sony's bought out KM's camera division, so they'll bring out a dSLR soon, most likely based on the 5D and 7D.

I'm still learning - big difference between a dSLR and compact camera.

Cheers, Frank

Rob

I've got 2 males and 2 females. The females are just over 10cm and the males are just under 15 cm. The first shot is of a female (showing breeding colours) and the second and third are of my dominant male.

They've paired off and both pairs mate, at opposite ends of the tank (5ft). However, I have a bristelnose and featherfin catfish in with them, so the fry disappear sad.gif . There's a little bit of agro from time to time, but nobody gets hurt. The females sometimes do the eye-ball to eye-ball thing, and then lock onto each others' lips. The males stare each other down, again, no physical harm done.

They're interesting to watch, and when I feed them, they let me touch them.

How many do you have?

Cheers, Frank.

How many do you have?

Hi Frank,

Currently I have 2. One male @ around 9cm which is my pride and joy, and a female?? which is around 3cm. I was supposed to get something around 5cm - 6cm from my LFS but they ended up getting small ones. So currently the tank is divided to hopefully allow the female to grow a bit before they are permanently together.

It freely swims in both sides (due to egg crate divider) so it's promising, but the male did have a peck at it, probably due to territory.

Thankfully my male is no longer upset with me for dividing his tank. He was sulking for over a week!

Cheers

Rob

Archived