New flash setup

squidfish

Hi

I have been working on the a new flash setup for the tank. Still needs some experimentation but here are the first results..

My male Pseudotropheus saulosi whi is currently in the middle of a turf war with the other male, hence the ragged tail.

user posted image

The male Pseudotropheus elongatus Usisya in spawning dress trying to impress the female lurking in the background. She doesn't look too impressed with his efforts to me.

user posted image

and finally my wild caught rescue fish who seems to be gaining both condition and colour each week. This is a long Pelvic from Mdoka

user posted image

Still early days but the inital results with the new setup are encourgaing.

cheers

Rich

how about some details on flash setup?

The flash setup is as follows:

A Sigma DG500 flash with stofen diffuer on top of the tank. Then a second flash a Canon 580 with stofen diffuser is mounted on a Novoflex flexible arm with clamp. The second flash allows me to provide some fill flash from the front on the tank and the flexible arm allows me to move into into any position I want, thats the bit I'm experimenting with at the moment smile.gif. Both flashes are fired of with a wireless STE-2 transmitter on the camera.

Cheers

Rich

looks like your getting the lighting pretty damm well, for a bit of C&C the first two look a little over sharpened wink2.gif

Your right Burgoid the first is a bit oversharpened it was late last night when I did these and looking at Photoshop with tired eyes which is never a good thing.

Cheers

Rich

Great stuff Rich - Thanks for taking the time to post up pictures of your set up. They will help a lot of members understand how you achieve the fantastic quality shots you post up for our enjoyment!

Thanks

Steve

Archived