Tank sizes for MBuna

elise007

Hi,

Am lookig to set up some more tanks for Mbuna and was wondering what people thgouht the best size tank was for them.

Both in terms of litres and alos shape. I can only make them 15" high due to space restrictions.

The smaller i make them the more different species i can have so that is my real dillemma as i don't really want to mix up different types in the same tanks.

Any info on what you breed your Mbuna in and how many of them you have in each tank would be really appreciated.

Mark

Hi Mark

I have them in 3ft & 4ft tanks which are 16 inches high and 18 inches wide and they get along just fine , there are 1-m to 3-4 f's . I don't have too much rock work in there but if I was to have a larger colony I would have to add more rocks and hiding places .

Luke

Ps I think that 3 ft would be the smallest that I would go

Hi Mark,

Then I would go for the 3' tanks but seeing you have the width, make them the 2' wide and I was going to say 14" high would be plenty but you have already said that of sorts :D . I guess it depends on the total length you have - either 3' or 4' - whichever fits best.

Archived