Tropheus holding

elise007

Well, I got home last night and found one dead. Hopefully I can save the other 2 which don't look the best.

I have started the Furan-2 and Metronidazole treatment but am not really sure what Steve (BengaBoy) meant by this under Combined Regime:

I use the same regime as above but do water changes every second day.

Does that mean I am supposed to medicate the tank with both Metronidazole and Furan2 every day for 4 treatments (preceded bya 30% water change)?

Also I have got the powdered version of Furan2 and the person in Trans (Canley Vale) told me to use a teaspoon for every 320litres. Does this sound right to you guys? I have been using half a teaspoon on a 200litre tank as I don't want to overdose the medication.

:angry::

Oracle this is the recommended directions for use straight of the furan-2 containers.

Furan-2 powder form: 1/4 teaspoon treats 80 ltrs

Furan-2 capsule form: 1 capsule treats 38 ltrs ( u must open capsule and empty contents directly to aquarium)

Day 1: add recommended amount into aquarium

Day 2: repeat dose

Day 3: 25 % water change

Repeat this treatment for a second time, for a total of 4 doses of furan-2, then make a final 25% water change and add fresh activated carbon to remove medication.

Treatment may be repeated , if necessary.

Metro should be used in conjunction with furan-2 for a total of 5 days, 5 day break and repeat if necessary as it can damage internal organs with prolonged use.

HTH

Jim, thanks for the info. Just one more question, if you don't mind. I only added Furan2 to the tank on Friday since Metro alone doesn't seem to be working (started the treatment on Monday). I am just wondering if this schedule looks reasonable.

Day 1 (Mon 24): 30% water change, Metro

Day 2 (Tue 25):

Day 3 (Wed 26): 30% water change, Metro

Day 4 (Thu 27):

Day 5 (Fri 28): 30% water change, Metro + Furan (fish dead)

Day 6 (Sat 29): Furan

Day 7 (Sun 30): 30% water change, Metro + Furan

Day 8 (Mon 1): Furan

Day 9 (Tue 2): 30% water change, Metro + Furan

Day 10 (Wed 3): Furan

Day 11 (Thu 4): 30% water change, carbon to remove medication

Thanks again.

hi oracle

sry to here lost 1

I use Metro every 2nd day and Furan every day

when I use them together I water change every 2nd day.

this is what the manufacturers recommend and has worked for me.

I havent published results to my Bloat Survey yet, mainly because I have not had a high volume of responses, less than 30 so far, but I can tell you less than a third have 100% success, but two thirds have some success.

so take heart no one really knows the answers to this issue.

good luck

Oracle that schedule your following is fine, sometimes u cant save them all but at least u can save the rest of the group from getting infected.....early treatment is important for best results, hope it all goes well for u.

Steve it would be very interesting to see the results u got from your bloat survey ;) i know i filled one in :p

cheers

Archived