breeding pair of angelfish

Red Tail Shark

my angels have laid eggs twice and twice they have eaten there eggs, they leave them there for 2-3 days and then for no apparent reason the eggs go, there in a tank on there own except for a few baby bristlenose to help keep tank clean when they have eggs i also leave a soft light on if any one could shed some light on the situation i would be much appreciative i keep my water about neutral maybe a touch above with a 1/3 water change every 3-4 days the tank is 3ftby18inchesby16inches hope i have put in enough info

look forward to your responses

cheers Cal

Cal, angels will learn not to eat the eggs after a few spawns. It takes them some time to get it right. Any discus / angel breeder will agree.

Give them time and try to lower your ph to 6.8. they prefer acidic soft water. But they are breeding in a ph slightly above than 7, so maybe dont touch it.

Keep them well fed and fat. they should spawn again in a week or two.

have you got a vertical slate or something for them to spawn on?

Cal, angels will learn not to eat the eggs after a few spawns. It takes them some time to get it right. Any discus / angel breeder will agree.

Give them time and try to lower your ph to 6.8. they prefer acidic soft water. But they are breeding in a ph slightly above than 7, so maybe dont touch it.

Keep them well fed and fat. they should spawn again in a week or two.

have you got a vertical slate or something for them to spawn on?

yes i have placed 2 pvc pipes which i have siliconed in place to hold them vertical both time they have laid eggs they have used one of them

is there any benefit in takning them out and puting them in another tank or do the babies need them ????

cheers Cal

Archived