Multipunctatus

elise007

I am sure this has probably been asked but I wanted to see how the new forum worked.

Anyway managed to get 8 multi babies last night, i should go away for a week at a time and starve my fish more often :D . So any suggestions on what to feed these guys, they are a good size too, ie.e maybe 1cm or so.

Also got eggs from another host and these are in a tumbler at present, how long should they take to hatch you think? Likelihood of these hatching?

The hosts before you ask are Burtoni.

The multis are wild caught from St George back last Decmeber, has anyone else got these breeding as i know I wasn't the only one who bought them at the time. If so what do you use as a host?

Any info appreciated.

Mark

Gday Mark,

at the size they are at they will eat almost anything even small fry at night lol.... but if you want them to grow quickly then feeding them eggs is the best but if thats not on hand then tetra bits are good cause they are high in protien, brine shrimp and flake are also really good and many other forms of small sinking pellets .... hope all goes well for you :)

Hi All,

I stripped a bunch of my hosts for my multis on Sunday afternoon and got 8 baby multis about a cm long. What is the best stuff to feed them on or will they eat almot anything?

Also a couple of the other hosts had heaps of eggs of their own plus some small clear ones which i think must be the multi eggs. I have put these ina tumbler with the host eggs and am just startign to get wrigglers.

What should i feed these guys as they are obviously tiny at present?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Mark

Guest big bad burundi

They will clean up the host eggs in a few days,if you have any other fish holding strip some eggs and feed them also.

This is what ive done i have also been feeding vinegar eel worms as well.

They will double there size and then some in a week,around 9-12 days start looking like mum "n" dad .

multi7.jpg

Ya don't need to tumble them ;) But it will help yer food supply (burtoni eggs)

survive untill required as food :D :D , Today i took some Ngara flametail eggs

as food supply for my lil multi's ;) .... As this is the best food source they can have :p until there Black anyway's ;) then they'll eat anything from then on :p:) ....

Andy... :mrgreen:

ps. Also Darryl has a 'Saltwater eel worm' too To which he has punnished methinks ...

Archived