L104's.. still being imported?

guppy01

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if L104's are still being imported as the clown pleco, instead of L168's? I thought AQIS found out they were letting in the wrong fish and now carefully check to ensure they are L168's? It's just that recently I've seen some L104's for very cheap ($30 ea) which must mean they are still being imported?

Just curious, and yes i did buy some!

shock.gif .

I'm still seeing a trickle come through a few shops but I can't say for sure that these were imported before or after the sleeping AQIS giant awoke.

Anyhow, I've got a few and that is all that matters LOL.gif . Just kidding.

I think that even though they have stopped coming into the country, surely we have enough animals (and skilled enthusiasts) to provide a viable breeding pool of them now. By all accounts they are not that hard to breed once they are up to size (speaking from research, not experience).

$30 is a really good buy.

Most stores I know would have put the price up after the rumours of the import ban.

Very true, they never came down from $70 over here, I think the cheapest I ever saw was about $65.

-Mat-

not sure how well they get monitored based on posts i have seen in classifieds straight out asking for what people want illegally imported

Thats why you do what you do Gav with a pencil and we do what we do without, never the twain shall meet? thumbup.gif

Archived