New Apistos

steph

Well I finally picked up my new Apisto's on Friday night. cool.gif

I had just ordered the A. baenschi and got 1 definate male, 2 females and a "unknown" but hopefully male.

While I was in the shop I saw the A. trifasciata "macliensis" that had come in in the same shipment. These are absolutely stunning fish - awesome looking males with extreme dorsal extensions already, and I just couldnt resist them and got a pair as well. wink2.gif

Everyone seems to be settling in, although the A. baenschi all disappeared into the tank very fast and I didnt see them for 12 hours but they are now starting to claim their little territories and show some spunk.

The trifaciata are much more relaxed and Ive even seen them out in the open !!

Here's the edited version of what my husband said:

Dave: "so how much did all those fish cost you"

Me: "umm.. dont ask"

Dave: "more than 50 bucks"

Me: "50 per fish... nah they were less than that.. just"

Dave: "ok"

Me: <phew>

tongue.gif

Steph

Well I finally picked up my new Apisto's on Friday night.  cool.gif

I had just ordered the A. baenschi and got 1 definate male, 2 females and a "unknown" but hopefully male.

While I was in the shop I saw the A. trifasciata "macliensis" that had come in in the same shipment.  These are absolutely stunning fish - awesome looking males with extreme dorsal extensions already, and I just couldnt resist them and got a pair as well.  wink2.gif

Everyone seems to be settling in, although the A. baenschi all disappeared into the tank very fast and I didnt see them for 12 hours but they are now starting to claim their little territories and show some spunk.

Dave:  "more than 50 bucks"

tongue.gif

Steph

Hi Steph,

That's seems to be a familiar and frequently repeated conversation between apisto fans and their significant others... smile.gif

Well done on the purchases.

Regards,

Peter.

Well I finally picked up my new Apisto's on Friday night.  cool.gif

While I was in the shop I saw the A. trifasciata "macliensis" that had come in in the same shipment.  These are absolutely stunning fish - awesome looking males with extreme dorsal extensions already, and I just couldnt resist them and got a pair as well.  wink2.gif

Dave:  "more than 50 bucks"

tongue.gif

Steph

Hi Steph,

That's seems to be a familiar and frequently repeated conversation between apisto fans and their significant others... smile.gif

Well done on the purchases.

Regards,

Peter.

Hmmm... I tend to avoid the discussion on their cost. Eventually the credit card statement will disclose the truth, so my other half have given up asking and just wait for the statement.

I also couldn't resist with the trifasciata, awesom fish indeed. Pity they were a bit stressed out at the time I picked them. They're still settling in (they were picked on by others and got relocated again yesterday) and hopefully will show better colour soon.

Cheers,

Thomas.

Very jealous

It seems people and fish shops dont want to import or send the new stuff all the way to Perth...

Breed these new ones up people and send some of them West... smile.gif

Mike

Hey Mike,

At the time we went over and picked up the fish, I thought only us die-hard apistophiles would pay such money for them. So I think there maybe plenty of spare left in the store.

The fellow in the shop did say all left over will be send south (Melbourne). Guess it's easier going south than west (due to the quarantine restriction).

Cheers,

Thomas.

Breed these new ones up people and send some of them West... smile.gif

Mike

Ill do my best Mike smile.gif but you know its all up to the fishies ... dry.gif

Mind you some of the A. baenschi girls are yellowing up nicely and getting quite defencive of their little territories. I think a visit to the 2 dollar shop for some terracotta pots is in order today.

Steph

Ooops...my apologies...they were quite helpful. You damn Sydney people just snapped them all up blush.gif before I could get my fishy little fingers on them.

I apologise profusely for any inconvenience hug.gif

Mike

Archived