L168

genie

OK I have never bred them, but u need caves.... ceramic logs perhaps..

u also need soft rain water... or try a reverse osmosis water system.

you want to slowly loser the conductivty to about 50-70ppm over a period of 2 weeks or so by small, frequent R/O water changes.

lower the tamp to 25 degs during this 2 week period. You need to simulate a wet season. raise water levels in the tank. make the surroundings darker. Increase food supply. ph 6.5-7.2.

oh did I add that you need fully grow L168s wink2.gif If you bought them from a shop and they are 6-9cm dont worry bout breeding... it wont happen for a while anyways.

Check out some catfish specific forums wink2.gif

www.planetcatfish.com - do a search on breeding L168 etc etc etc

Hey search up breeding the L052 on planet catfish forums, a young bloke has bred them heres what he told me:

There is only one male and one female in the tank which is 61cm x 30cm x 30cm (approx. 60 liters). Both fish are around 14cmTL. They are very easy to sex, with the male having heavy odontodes growing on the hard ray of it's pectoral fins, and the female having almost none (although some small 1mm long ones are starting to develop now). The spawning site on all occasions has been a tile cave, with the approx measurements of 15cm x 4cm x 4cm.

Other info:

Filtration: 1x 200 lph filter, Powerhead approx. 500 lph (with air attachment thingy)

Temp: 74*f

PH: 6.0

GH: approx 60 (soft)

Ammonia: 0

Substrate: white river sand

Plants: one free floating medium sized Java Fern

Food: I have been feeding them on a mixed diet of bloodworms, tropical flake, and fresh vegetables (including zucchini, yams, and some others).

The L052 and L168 are very similar fish. Give this a shot smile.gif The spawn i was told about was the 3rd one smile.gif

Archived