Aquariums photos

PHL

If you are really interested in the photos, they are here. Any advise as to how to directly show the image in the message will be appreciated.

The 280L needs a prune, and new ground cover in the front (Lileopsis didn't work out, and not enough light for Glosso), and some of the newer plantings still need to grow out. Due to fish loss before Christmas, I have been loath to do too much. The tank has CO2 injection via Dupla Reaktor 400.

The 100L is a planted Goldfish tank started 6 weeks ago using the 'no cycle planted tank technique' (ie it wasn't cycled, just planted for a week before adding all 5 Goldfish); has never had ammonia or nitrite, although without CO2, the nitrate is high, and the plants don't grow as quickly. I need to get better power compact fluoros, as these are too green, and the Mi Oya, Rubin and R. rotundifolia doesn't really show their proper colour.

Both are using dark gravel, with laterite in the bottom 1/3.

Nice...

Look out Amano - Poe is coming. biggrin.gif

I've been thinking about doing a small planted GF tank since I saw some lovely blue-silver-metallic Oranda (I think...) at an LFS. I'm almost convinced... biggrin.gif

Cheers - OziOscar.

Where did you get the dark gravel from and how much was it?

Nice tanks btw.

Thanks. The last lot of gravel I bought from Stricktly Aquariums in West Ryde; it seems to be of consistent size, but the washing bit can be a pain. Only problem I've had is the buffering (when I want soft acidic water).

I've been thinking about doing a small planted GF tank since I saw some lovely blue-silver-metallic Oranda (I think...) at an LFS. I'm almost convinced... biggrin.gif

Give it a go, but plant the tank first. If you use laterite, a week or two headstart for the plants is enough, as they root really fast. I think I have also listed the plants that have worked for me, and I know you have plenty of Java Fern. biggrin.gif

One thing I have found is for goldfish, if you want multi-level, you need a solid 'dam', hence the root on the left side of the 100L, and the rocks on the right side. My previous tank ended up single level after a very short time. mad.gif

Nice tanks Poe, awesome photos as well. Just for me biggrin.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You did ask. smile.gif

Archived