How to import cichlids

catalyst

I am looking to import some Copadichromis sp. mloto midnight but I have no Idea where to start so I am looking for help from anyone who has done this before, or anyone with any helpfull advice.

hiya

I will just explain Jess' point a little further so you know how things are for us. In Australia it is currently only allowable to import fish that are on the Permitted Species Import List as documented on the AQIS website. If any fish is not on that list then you can not currently import that fish legally. From memory, to get a fish added to that list requires a full environtmental impact research report on the species then approval via a board. This is not a frequent occurance. So to get the fish you want would mean organising someone to smuggle that in, which would be something no sane person would willingly discuss in a public forum. I am sure it happens, as new species always seem available.

Then you have the issue that you live in South Australia which is more restrictive on fish than ANY other state in the country. Even if you somehow managed to find this fish, you then have to find out if it is legal to keep in South Australia.

In other words, luck is something you will need in monumental quantities

The fish is on the catagory 2 list is SA which means I can keep it but not import it.

What I am really aiming for is to get a Malawian in black and so far that is all I have found. I think a totally black fish would look unique in a malawi tank.

now that is something I am sure you can do. I was speaking to Anita the other day and she was talking about this fantastic looking peacock that had a very dark body with a silver dorsal and tail. but with her offline at present, and me not being able for the life of me to remember what species or locality it was, hopefully somebody else here might know it.

HTH

This is the look I am after.

http://www.russutslersfish.com/pictures/ha..._Mara_Point.jpg

Somthing that looks similar would do fine smile.gif

2. Respect the fact that people pay for bandwidth - do not post any image on the forums without the permission of the owner. It is illegal to steal bandwidth. This also applies to personal avatars and signatures.

Additional Information on avatars and signatures.

Archived