S leichardti/Jardini

barnesy

Gday team. bigsmile.gif

Can the above mentioned tankbusters be bought at a small size (8-10cm)?

if so, where?

Would I try and order them from my LFS or are there breeders anywhere in Aus that would sell me a bunch of them?

If not i will post a Wtb in the classifieds but I thought I should get some Advice first.

i can get 15cm Gulf saratogas for $120.00 is that cheap or expensive do you think?

what is a Gulf saratoga?

so many questions. sorry! blush.gif

Dont worry, I have large tanks waiting for them.

7x2x2, 6x2x2 and a new 5x1.5x1.5.

I am also interested in any fish that can accompany them in their tanks.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

you cant really keep a bunch of them together, they fight.

anything that wont fit in their mouths or that wont bash them up is fine. big salmon cats, scats, plecos, oscars, etc.

also wait till around october. there will be more available and will be cheaper.

can get 15cm Gulf saratogas for $120.00 is that cheap or expensive do you think?

what is a Gulf saratoga?

Price really depends on a variety of factors (season, location etc). A Gulf Saratoga would be the jardini variety.

Hello!

That price for 15 cm seems pretty decent. I have seen a few at LFS for $225 lately.

The only grouping of lots of them I have read of is a private breeder in Singapore, using a 16' x 16' x 4' deep outdoor concrete pond. Ready to take one huge step away from a tank? smile.gif

Cheers - OziOscar.

The ones I read about in Singapore were Asians (tagged and all).

I've never seen anyone in Singapore keeping more than one.

An xgf's Grandmother used to catch cockroached with her fingers and throw them to the Aro which seemed to love them. It was a sight to behold - an old lady moving so fast so she could give her fish a snack. :D

Cheers - OziOscar.

The reason i asked because according to many people, the asians are far less aggresive and less territorial compared to our saratogas, thats why you see community tanks with asian aros, whereas the saratogas are far more territorial and less tolerant thats why its not usually recommended to keep a couple of togas together. But then again there are always the exception to everything.....hehe yes.gifyes.gifyes.gifsmile.gif

Archived