Tank Transportation information

Serial-Cichlid

Hi all

I have a friend who is giving me his 5x2x2 tank as long as I can transport it myself. I've got a van available to make the move. The back of the van is flat and the tank itself is quite heavy so I was hoping these two factors plus some really slow driving will be enough to prevent the tank from moving around.

If this is not enough, can anybody make some recommendations to prevent the tank from cracking during transportation?

Regards

Paul

Hey Paul,

Well isnt Brandon supplying the van for the move? If so he will know what to do because he does do this ALOT and he did deliver my 6x2x2 and also my 6x2 stand no problems at all biggrin.gif His van also has that grip thing on the bottom so the tank wont move as he told you already and those suction caps will do the job also wink.gif

cheers

Richard

LOL you're right Richard

I'd better clarify. I've got 2 vans available to make the move but whichever one comes first as time is of the essence. Yeah Brandon was going to make the move, but whenever he's free and you know he's quite busy these days so I didn't really want to pressure him. Chinga on the other hand has a van available (after he moves houses) without that rubber mat for gripping (I don't think his old man would appreciate us sticking it on either sad.gif ).

If Brandon helps me with the move, I've got no problems biggrin.gif

If Chinga helps me then I've got a few concerns blink.gif

Cheers

Paul

Put the tank on a styrofoam base. Like a tank base or a couple of foam lids. The tank wont go anywhere if you dont race any grand prix's on the way. laugh.gif

I do this every day for work...

Chris

AKA Goobz

Also put a piece of foam between the tank and one of the wheel arches, and push the tank to one side against it...

Basically also make sure there is foam between anything that will or can touch the tank and you should be ok...

Hope this helps

Chris

Archived