How many eggs?

teflon

As long as they are all tumbling gently they should hatch. The problem you may have is that it's likely a few will be unfertilised and will need to be removed before they contract fungus. Make up another one or set up a sieve tumbler as well would be my recommendation.

Ice-cream container, sieve, airstone and a bit of air-line...I am guessing here but...I figure you put the stone under the sieve which is floating in the(or hooked on the rim of) ice-cream container allowing the eggs to tumble and the "OFF" ones to float and be skimmed out.

Recently a venustus spat a mouthful of eggs 1 week after spawning. i was able to save approx 20 eggs before the other venustus ate the others. In my desperation i placed them in a DIY fry saver (ice cream tub with fly screen windows) i placed the tub under the flow of a small OTB filter. This worked terificly until they lost their egg sacks and were small enough to swim through the fly screen into waiting flavus blush.gif

I've since tumbled eggs this way but in a large fish net in the tub and released straight into fry saver below once large enough. I would recommend an air stone in any design although the OTB sends enough air bubbles into tub.

Cheers Couchy thumb.gif

My first (and only so far, gobfull now though) spawn of my Lwanda`s, the female was coping a whopping so i tryed to catch her out into a fry saver, she spat into the net and i had a couple of mins to make up a tumbler (having never tumbled anything before and having no internet for instructions)

So... UG uplift, Bit of Flywire i cut off the back door, and some airline and i was in business! (this took about 30 seconds)

user posted image

The important part was it work thumbup.gif

user posted image

Its still the only thing i have ever tumbled, i just dont like doing it, but ive got 10x4cm fry now to pick out some good ones for my next colony wink2.gif

Cheers Andy

PS. Good luck with your eggs teflon!

I think an E.yellow somehow sucked them all out.

Did you name the yellow "Paris Hilton"?

If you made it as per my diagrams, fish can't get any closer to the eggs than about 5cm due to the net at the bottom, so that's one almighty sucking effort LOL.gif

Archived