Shellies

teflon

I am setting up a new 2ft tank in my room and would like to house some shellies.

what is a good type to start off with,how many can I fit in a 2ft and what are the availability?

Cheers

Adam

depends what your after adam!

do you want just a pair? or a colony? what colors do you want?

if you wanted occies you could only have a pair, maybe a breeding trio but occies are quite territorial and you would have to break the tank up into territories with visual barries. they also do not tolorate their fry once they reach a certain size and you'll have to move em out.

multis will breed and breed, if you start off with a pair or a trio before you know it you'll have a small colony in your tank!

i dont know too much about brevis tho, off the top of my head i think they should be kept in pairs etc like occies... but not 100% sure

depends what your after adam!

do you want just a pair? or a colony? what colors do you want

multies are good entertainment value, all ways active, moving substrate, occies,  brevis and caudo's are good, but you need to manage the fry. a lot of the others can be shy, they will hide behind rocks etc.

if vivid colour is the priority, look at SA dwarfs

hth  ; Colin

Hi Carlos raisehand.gif

i am also doing reserach for this. Brevis are the only shellies that will share a shell so a large one is needed. Brevis are probably the most striking of the shellies however alot pof the specimens available in australia are deformed so unless you get hold of a reputable breeder dont qorry about them.

Lamprologous multifasciatus, these lil cuties are interesting and will love the 2fter to bits, put in some fine pool dust marble chip or coral sand, 2 shells per multi, a small air powered sponge filter, and a 100wt heater, add the fish and away you go, no fuss, no bother. Apart from weekly 10% water changes you may need to thin them out every now and again smile.gif oh and a warning, if you like the way you decorate a tank, dont get multies LOL.gif

Craig Thompson has some lovely multis at bargain prices too thumb.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived