Medication for white spot

youngy_11

hi,

I have got a little out break of white spot in my display i had some ickaway medication and i put that in.

I have since brought some of the Protozin med.

It has been 3 days since i added the ickaway, so can i put the protozin in now or should i wait to the ickaways treatment week has finished.

Thanks youngy

did you get the white spot from the acei's

turn the temp of your heater up so it increases the rate of the white spot so it becomes free swimming quicker so them the ichaway can kill it

ickaway is a very good medication, i would say its as good as protozin. just take the temp up to 30 or so and let the current course of meds finish. then do a 20% water change (with water the same temp as the tank if possible) and add in the new meds if absolutely necessary. i would be more inclined to do a second round of ichaway than start a course of protozin.

did you get the white spot from the acei's

turn the temp of your heater up so it increases the rate of the white spot so it becomes free swimming quicker so them the ichaway can kill it

ok yea mark i don't know i either got it from the aceis or a plant i got the other day.

The small aceis don't have the white spot so i don't think it was them.

I had carbon in the canister for about 24h while the ickaway was in the tank.

I have since taken it out.

Would the carbon have taken the ickaway out of the water in those 24h or not?

I have bumped the temp up to 30degrees and put some rock salt in to get the slime coat back oin the fish.

Any extra suggestions.

thanks ryan

yes ,the carbon will take the medicine out,ive found that only protozin works on white spot ive had no sucess with anything else.treat the tank as per instructions,repeating on the days indicated,when the course is finished wait 2 days then repeat the whole course again,if you dont do this the white spot will come back,as per the instructions remove any scaleless fish or the protozin will kill them(in about 4 days)normal fish arnt affected in the least by the double course,do this and your white spot will be gone for good!

yes ,the carbon will take the medicine out,ive found that only protozin works on white spot ive had no sucess with anything else.treat the tank as per instructions,repeating on the days indicated,when the course is finished wait 2 days then repeat the whole course again,if you dont do this the white spot will come back,as per the instructions remove any scaleless fish or the protozin will kill them(in about 4 days)normal fish arnt affected in the least by the double course,do this and your white spot will be gone for good!

i do have 2 cown loaches and 1 knife but i don't want to put them in another tank bcz itwill put white spot in there.

It says half dosage for non scaled fish. IS that ok?

What ill do is do a 20 percent water change then put the protozin in.

thanks

personally id move the knife and clown loaches and do a full dose,can you set up a tub for them? or if their not showing any sign of infection you could safely move them,as the parasite is usuall transfered in water, i also think the knife will suffer even with a half dose, bit of a sticky situation for you,let us know how you go,dont delay too long

wat ill do is put them in a ice cream container in another tank and put a little bit of the protosin in there. like one drop. ill add water from the tank they are in and i won't let the water that they are in get in the tank.

OK thanks ill go and set up all the bloody stuff now. angry.gif .

OK thanks for the help.

Archived