2' tank

gizmo42au

I currently have a single Alto comp 'gold' in a 2'er and it is upstairs in the lounge room. Just today my dad asked if i was going to put any other fish in there and i couldnt answer him. I was just wondering if i could put more fish in there and would 2-3 multies be too much?

How big is the alto? remembering they are piscavores, if its big enough to eat the multis it will. The multies will quickly take over the tank too. I have a 30" tank with 4 x 4cm Julie maleri, 4 x 3cm gold altos, 5 x 2cm Neo pulchers and 5 x multies. All are getting along well after some 'settling' but this is only temporary and will soon have to be rehoused. Look at creating a second rock pile and some 'milder' rock dwellers for it like Chalinochromis brichardi, Neo leleupi, Julidochromis dickfeldi or as you originally planned a rock pile down one end sand n shells at the other occies/brevis etc.

the alto is about 4cm and thats why the tank looks bare. I might just do that and then when it comes time to move he multies ill get them another tank.

Note to self: Ask dad for another tank

Archived