Medication out of date.

youngy_11

hi,

I have some primafix and melafix that has one month to go before the expiry date.

Should i throw it out after the date?

Or should i continue to use it?

If i continue using it after the date what will its affects be.

Thanks youngy

I'd keep using it. Seems unlikely to me that either would be likely to go "off". If you're worried keep it in the fridge (this will make almost all meds last longer). In saying this, I'm not responsible if your fish die, but I doubt there is much in there that could go off.

I'd keep using it. Seems unlikely to me that either would be likely to go "off". If you're worried keep it in the fridge (this will make almost all meds last longer). In saying this, I'm not responsible if your fish die, but I doubt there is much in there that could go off.

Yea i don't really think it would do anything if it was a little out of date anyway. I will put it in the frdge to presurve it. thanks

Yeh I agree with Yew, I don't there is much is Melafix that can go off - well anyways I have stuff that's over a year out of date and nothing has happened to any of my fish!!!

ok thanks for the reasurrance. I will not worry. Ill give it a smell before i use it anyway and i recon if its gone off i will be able to tell.

thumbup.gif

Archived