Problem

Guest ConvictsRule

Guest ConvictsRule

My White cloud minnow has something white and round growing next to its Eye.

It doesent cover the eye is just next to it(really close).

I know its just a white cloud but it looks funny!Its pretty tall the white lump?

Anyone know what it is?The fish swims,eats fine like the others.

Oh yea and another probelm!

I have 1 algae eater in my tank with white clouds(around 7) and 6 danios and every 2-3 days the danios are missing one by one the algae eater i see it with a oversize stomach!They are bigger then my white clouds and the white clouds dont get eaten?

sorry no digital camera = no pics tongue.gif

Can you please specify what kind of algae eater you have? Some are VERY predatory.

Also, please give the rest of the details about your livestock (size, age) and the tank (volume, parms, etc).

Cheers - OziOscar.

Guest ConvictsRule

Ok

Um The tank is a 2 ft(75 litres),26 degrees,Lightly planted,the fish are about 6 months old and the algae eater which is a golden chinese algae eater that is around 5-6 cm long and fat!

It has a p.h of about 6.0-7.0,i do a bout 20% water change a week.It uses a eheim cannister filter that does 300 litres.

Hey mate i have 2 golden chinese algae eaters and if they can swallow a small fish they will! I suggest you stick with bristlenose or something little even though the golden chinese algae eaters cannot be matched at cleaning. If u have a big tank with big fish i suggest you put them in , because even though they are small they can hold there own against bigger fish. THats why i like em they never start a fight but they sure as hell can finish it.

Hope it helps! Cheers!

Archived