Stocking My 3ft. Advice Please.

Goobz

Hey Guys,

I have just set up a Std 3ft Tank(3 x 18 x 14). I have a ViaAqua 750 with heaps of matrix on the tank so there is plenty of filtration. I also have about 30 odd shells of varying sizes in there amongst the rocks.I hoped to aquire some juvenile Altolamprologus Compressiceps, Altolamprologus Calvus and Lamprologus Oscellatus, and growing them up with the hope of getting a few breeding pairs and some nice display fish to...

I just have a few Q's.

1. How many of each should I get? I was thinking 6 of each. Anyone see a problem with this?

2. What about compatability? Are these types compatible? Any possibility of cross breeding?

3. Where is the best place to buy them cheap because these can be pretty expensive fish.

Thanks in Advance Guys!!!

cool.gif

the alto comps and alto calvus will cross breed i think, well getting them might be aproblem as i am looking for them and yeh no one is selling atm.

well i heard from a friend there is a place that sells gold comps 4-5 cm at $40 each which i think is quite expensive. but if you are interested PM me and i'l hoopefully find the details for you.

6 of each kind is reasonable i think how ever you might want to change 1 of the alto kind of tfish to something else as they MIGHT crossbreed.

hope i've helped in some way.

cheers...

Archived