Problem

Guest ConvictsRule

Guest ConvictsRule

My White cloud minnow has something white and round growing next to its Eye.

It doesent cover the eye is just next to it(really close).

I know its just a white cloud but it looks funny!Its pretty tall the white lump?

Anyone know what it is?The fish swims,eats fine like the others.

Oh yea and another probelm!

I have 1 algae eater in my tank with white clouds(around 7) and 6 danios and every 2-3 days the danios are missing one by one the algae eater i see it with a oversize stomach!They are igger then my white clouds and the white clouds dont get eaten?

If it's fluffy, it's probably fungus. Or could be a tumour.

does it look anything like a pimple? If so keep some Melafix on hand as they often burst, leaving a crater-like sore.

With the algae eater (i assume its the CW type? the CAE?) they are usually fairly placid, but can get a little overexcited and suck the slime coatings off other fish. I have never heard of it happening with white clouds tho huh.gif usually only gouramis and so on..

Perhaps the fish are dying BEFORE the algae eater is getting to them?

Yes I have had the same problem with white clouds in the past couple of years. A surprising number of them develop growths/cysts/lumps on the head, body and belly region. Never had this problem till a couple of years ago I bought some w/clouds from a w/saler to add "new blood" to my stock. Looks like I added more than "new blood". The thing is, the affected fish seem to swim about as if nothing is wrong and live way past maturity.

Alan

Archived