Anyone using Fuji s5500?

davez104

Hi all,

Just bought a Fuji Finepix S5500 and ham having trouble getting good pics, (don't we all!). Without the flash it is hard to get clear shots because of the slow shutter speed, as seen below.

user posted image

If I use the flash, the pics are clearer but the flash is too bright, once again seen below.

user posted image

Different fish photograph differently, the next pic was taken with flash but the fish is not as reflective so the pic turns out better.

user posted image

What can I do about this? I am going to try putting more light on the tank so I can get the brightness without using flash. If that does not work I will try to dull the flash somehow. Any other sugestions?

Thanks.

Your camera should have a flash level adjustment. Go through your menus or read the manual you got with your camera.

Try alot of different techniques and you'll find something that works for you.

• 3 weeks later...

We have the same camera and the same problem, i dont know if you can adjust the flash setting.

We found though you get a clearer photo if you put it on macro.

Here is one of our pics with the s5500

user posted image

but we havnt had a proper play around with the camera yet.

good luck. thumb.gif

i too have the S5500 my tank lighting is really poor single 4' fluro but i can still get some ok shots.

here a couple i've taken

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

my advice is to use the lowest aperture possible (F2.8) and ISO 400 this lets me use a shutter speed of around 1/50 then its just a matter of avioding camera shake and getting the bloody fish to stay still LOL.gif

I have been experimenting more lately, I use macro and sit back quite away from the tank zoom in so it will still focus and am getting great shots. I then use photoshop to crop the image to the fish size and becasue the image is of such good quality they turn out great.

Here is a shot I cropped into.

user posted image

o and always use macro

Archived