Florida Gars

illusn8

how big are they now, it seems it was just like the other day when i bumped into you at the lsf looking for gars lol.

nick!

hehehehe!!! Nick I forgot how many months ago but they have grown dramatically since the day I purchased them. The 3 measure at about 23-25cm...

what size is that little guy down there? haha , just realised it didn't sound right.  LOL.gif  LOL.gif

nice florida gars!!!

LOL.gifLOL.gif Novafishy I have to purchase a tape measure to check the lenght of the little guy hahaahhaa!!!

it even more beautiful in real life thumb.gif

i haven't seem the last fish, i m guessing it is a freshwater stonefish?

the stonefish is called a bullrout, hey Justin if you have time give me a buzz I need to ask you something.... thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Are you sure it's a Bullrout ?

It seems to have a much shorter snout than all the ones i've seen.

Is it really small or something ? I haven't seen many under about 4"

Are you sure it's a Bullrout ?

It seems to have a much shorter snout than all the ones i've seen.

Is it really small or something ? I haven't seen many under about 4"

Well when I bought him/her they said it was a bullrout, he/she is only two and a half inch.........

Cool gars!  yes.gif

Do they pellets?

Where do u get the bull rout?

yes they do eat pellet. I feed them the Hikari arowana pellets.....

I bought the Bull rout from a guy in Bankstown, but sadly I found the bull rout dead this morning........ cryblow.gif

how big do gar get. wat is the smallest variety

The biggest gar would be the Alligator gars can reach up to a few metre in lenght and I think the smallest variety of gars would be the Spotted, in an aquarium would reach to about 24" Do a goolge search there is heaps of amazing pics to see..

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested in Bullrouts, i have one ATM that i need to get rid of, only, i keep mine in a salt water setup!

Maybe thats why you lost him, even fresh water caught bullrouts rely on a certain amount of salt (brackish water fish), i've never kept one alive in fresh, even when caught in fresh.

PM if anyone wants it, ya pick it up, it's yours for FREE

Archived