WC Cichlasoma nicaraguense

burgoid

hey i was wondering how much you would expect to pay for a wild caught Cichlasoma nicaraguense and if anyone knows where you can obtain these fish.

If you are keen to buy a post in the Classifieds will probably be the best option rather than posting here. As for wild caught I have not seen any on the wholesale list so I am unsure what you would pay for them. Altrend had adults for sale in January and fry for sale in March. A search using the phrase "Parrot Cichlid" will probably yield more results than using the scientific name.

I have price lists for wild caught South Americans and there is none on there. I don't know where you would get them other than suppliers in South America and we cant import from any country there. So I don't like you chances. I think you can buy pond breed ones in South East Asia don't know what the quality is like.

Hi Nigel,

There were some doing the rounds maybe a couple of years back I suppose, they were fantastic color, great looking fish and if my memory serves me they were being sold as German imports, I don't ever remember any coming in as wild caught.

I know you are involved with the import business does this sound likely to you?

That they were German bred that is?

Cheers,

John.

I was just trying to help I will know better next time

I know exactly what you mean Nigel.....This is one of the main reasons I dont usually bother anymore dry.gif

Kevin

What?? U all got your skirts on today?? I think you took that a little hyper sensitively, it is plain to see that he was just having a joke with you. Lighten up!

Jon

thanks jon. in case they didnt notice the little smiley is actually smiling. what did u want me to say when you were checking the south american lists for a central american fish.

There is some strange buggers on here that for sure jon

There are some just newly imported F1 C.nicaraguensis from Jeff Rapps that were just imported by my friend in Singapore.

We sat out and waited for that shipment of stunning Central Americans which arrived at the shop close to midnight. There was a queue of about 15-20ppl in the shop just waiting for that shipment at 1am in the morning.

Anyhow, I can have some of these F1s in Australia next week. (Of course quarantine will take another 2 weeks).

Sizes of the fish are approx 7-8cm. Sexes, well u tell me how many u want of each sex. 19 fish arrived safely in Singapore. Prices of these fish from Jeff by way of Singapore on arrival in Aust would be close to $45ea.

kev

Kev, can you tell us a bit more about these, eg. sizes, sexes, likely prices, numbers? Thanks.

Archived