How Do you make a spray bar?

Guest ConvictsRule

Hello CR smile.gif Main thing is to keep the holes along the bar at the same trajectory o-wise water goes all over the place ... Hole size = 1/8 max as a rule wink.gif or smaller

even ... remember once you go to big with the holes , ya can't go back laugh.giflaugh.gif

Andy...

you need a stiff pipe that fits the hose end and then its a matter of drilling holes into it in a line if possible laugh.gif , spray bars are fairly inexpensive to buy but you need to have holes in a line on either side and one end must be plugged for it to work and then affix it to the glass with suction caps.

cheers

i made mineout of irrigation stuff from bunnings get an 1/2 inch 12mm, elbow with a thread, a joiner, a riser at what ever length you need and an end cap, drill in a strait line and its done. suction caps to fit should be avaliable from your local aquarium suppliers. about the hole size.... really depends of the flow through volume from the pump and the length of the spraybar...mine is 1800lph, 40cmlong and the holes are 4mm ..oh and the cost..about $7... mine is on my 50 liter canister filter i built..have fun

I made one today from 25mm pvc it is 1600mm long and has 13/64 size holes every 50mm. I tested it out of the tank with the hole spacing at 100mm but decided to double the number of holes as the flow seemed too strong still. It is powered by a King 5 pump (6000 lph).

I drilled the holes at angles to each other to break the flow up a bit in sort of a W pattern.

Cheers Adam wink.gif

Archived