Quiet air pumps

cmfir1

Hi guys and girls,

I'm after peoples opinion on what is a good quality air pump brand to buy that is also quiet. I have previously bought supposed quiet air pumps from LFS before and was very disappointed with their claims.

One high volume brand I'm reasonably impressed with so far is Hailea V-30.

I've had a quick search through the forum and Schego was recommended by a few. Does any one else have any opinions?

Thanks,

Clinton.

I hear what you are saying. they are never quiet like they say. Consequently you will NOT do better than Schego. Substantially quieter than ALL the rest. plug it in forget about it for ten years. I went through many brands on my quest for a near silent one. I hate noisy tanks. I will only buy Schego now, unless someone can tell me a brand that is as silent, durable, and lasts 10-20 years without needing a diaphram replacement. This is a trick question, coz it wont happen no.gif

They are the ducks nuts to be sure woot.gif

Cheers,

Jason

PS: how much air do you need?

I bought a Hydor Ario 1 from Age of Aquariums a few months ago. It is not strictly a pump in that it sucks air into the tank using a venturi system but all of the working parts are in the tank so it has virtually no noise.

I highly recommend it.

DMJ

Thanks for the advice, I will have a look at the age of aquarium one. Also for confirming the schego brand.

After a few dual outlet pumps for various stand-a-lone tanks throughout the house. maybe 9L / min versions or something similar.

As for high volume I'm fairly happy with my hailea, expensive, but very quiet and hasn't missed a beat yet.

Regards,

Clinton.

Archived