sydney fish shopping

vieja

hey all,

i am going on a fish-shopping trip with some friends to kogarah tomorrow (love their huge range) and i was wondering if i could get some ideas on how to expand our trip.

would love to hear suggestions on other LFSs (preferrably in the city or south thereof) worth checking out.

we are mostly into large cichlids (mostly central american - not all) rather than africans.... thanks for your help

[Have you ever been to the NSW Cichlid Club Meetings. There are a couple of people there who are keen American keepers ( Gus & Mr Cassetari ) The club also has auctions at the monthly meeting and a big (try at least 8 hours) auction twice a year. Held at Nuwarra Public School on the 1st Saturday of each month at 7.30

Regards

Michael clap.gifthumbup.gifclap.gif

Rare large South Americans, head to Campsie, Riverside Aquariums.... Norm may have some interesting available or some out the back?

What sort of South Americans are u after? Those that we know are available or those that only a handful of ppl here know are around and don't talk about much? wink.gif

Heya.

1. Trans Aquarium(opposite Canley Vale Station)

2.Riverside Aquarium in Campsie

3.Fish4U at ingleburn ( Near station)

The prices are pretty alright for LFS, Except Riverside pretty expensive lol, but have a good range.

Cheers

Marrickville aquarium, 385 Marrickville road, Marrickville

Bexley aquarium, forest road, bexley

dulwich hill aquarium, sorry dont know address.

And everyone forgot to mention St George

Probally the biggest store in Sydney

Cheers

Craig

i am going on a fish-shopping trip with some friends to kogarah tomorrow (love their huge range) and i was wondering if i could get some ideas on how to expand our trip.

And everyone forgot to mention St George

I think St George is in Kogarah? if it is, hes already going there ;P

thanks for all the replies.... i do appreciate the knowledge...

What sort of South Americans are u after? Those that we know are available or those that only a handful of ppl here know are around and don't talk about much? 

tell me more, tell me more.... thumbup.gif

i currently have a community tank (6x2x14" - upgrading to 6x30"x24" shortly) with pair of jags, tiger oscar, red devil pair and one fiery-buM female salvini (all over 8"), but i am interested in anything large with patterns and temperament... thumb.gif

we ended up going to kogarah and then realising i'd left the street directory at home.... blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

but your suggestions will not go unused..... i'm going back in the very near future to check out the other LFSs with good reputations (noticed TransAquarium and fish 4 U got a few mentions... sounds good)

the day was not wasted though... i have been introduced to the Peppermint Bristlenose... shock.gif what a BEAUTIFUL fish.... (i h8 to shout, but i got pretty excited)... my mission now is to find them for under $50 for a 1" specimen..... hmmm, i think i'll need to find a breeder..... rolleyes.gif

Archived