info on Sturisoma foreschi?

fishrock

Adam,

I have had three pair of these so called Sturisoma for 18 months or more, and spawned them on several occasions.

See this article,,,http://perthcichlid.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2327

And this one with pics of spawn,,,http://www.perthcichlid.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2640.

They are not Sturisoma as can be seen buy the mouth shape and the lip fringe, and no mostache of spines on the male's nose.

Alan.

well what are they?

thanks Al

adam

just looked at your pics)- and mine look nothing like yours, mine is a light brown with darker brown patches and they have two spiny ridges running down their lateral line (like raphael cats).

adam

Don't put too much store in the colour of the fish Adam,

They change with their mood and surroundings as do all Loricariads. Those pics wre taken while they were spawning and that is the most intense colouring I have ever seen them.

To my knowledge these fish have only ever been imported once. I got my three pair direct from the importer as soon as they were released from quarantine. And they were so expensive and slow to sell that I doubt that any more will be imported in the near future.

What are they ??? angry.gif Read the first reference again.

Alan.

The correct name for Sturisoma foerchi is Sturisomatichthys foerchi according to the first link and this is an invalid name for Hemiloricaria castroi, (maybe read rather than skim the articles provided by other members) wink.gif

Planet catfish has a little information on a few closely related species, under both Hemiloricara and Sturisomatichthyes leightoni, this may help.

-worm-

"What are they ??? Read the first reference again."

that wee wEE ya off Al?, i was just saying mine looked different not that u were wrong.

and wormboy,

"(maybe read rather than skim the articles provided by other members) "

i research my fish in depth mate, but i musta missed that bit. confused.gif

thanks for the info anyway guys LOL.gif

adam tongue.gif

Archived