sexing n cylindricus ?

qwik

i have found that ...

*females are smaller than males when pairing begins.

*males have more blue on their face

*females seem to sometimes become more brown in their bars than males at times.

*males are larger and more aggressive

This all depends on many things though, so i might be wrong. Size, feeding etc. all effects the looks of the fish and behaviour.

HTH

lee

hi Mr lee what breding behavior do you natice ie which fish digs the hole or guards the cave the male or fem, and does the other one just swimm around what do you look for that will indicate a pair or that breeding will comence?

Hi trofius,

I noticed that the male became very aggressive unlike before, then a single female began to swim near him and he didnt attack her. They both began to somewhat defend a rockpile (i only noticed them near it and he was just being aggressive towards the others like before), She began to go in and out of the rockpile while he defended it or her. Meanwhile all the other fish were sitting in the top corners of the tank. About a week after noticing that they had paired off i saw a cluster of eggs on the under side of a rock that was on an angle. She was near them and she tended to the eggs all the time whilst the male swam out the front of the rockpile.

I noticed no digging at all just them swimming together in and around the rockpile.

HTH

lee

Archived