How many time you feed your juvies?

fecat

I read some books and it said I should feed the fry for 4-5 times a day. For the adult cichlids, I should feed them twice a day. But they have failed to mention anything about the Juvies. Should i treat them as a fry or adult? or something in between? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif (3 times sound about right?)

At the moment i have,

3X Silverdollars (12 cm 3 years old)

1x Ele Blue (Juvies)

3 x Ele Y (Juvies)

1 x clown loach (Juvies)

2 x Bristle nose (Juvies)

1 x firemouth (Juvies)

2 x Unknow africian cichlid (Juvies)

atm I feed them frozen blood worm, flakes and very very tiny pallet. I have ordered some high quality cichlid pallet from the net, as well as the brine shrimp egg (going to hatch it myself... tongue.gif ) Once i got them, I won't feed the blood worm as often, cos the book didn't recommended it for the africian. (Americian is ok for the bw isn't it?)

Cheers

Felix

Depending on Juvie size, I'd feed them maybe 3 times a day, and as they get bigger back off to 2 times... But remember to feed in moderation. ^^

I feed my babies 4 - 5 times a day, but very small amounts.

When they get to juvie size, i feed them 3 times a day. (Morning, afternoon and night) in small amount.

And when grown, twice a day, morning and night.

As for Blood worm, I feed my africans it once every fortnight, Just to give them a little treat ^_^. As for whether it's better for americans, I can't say as i haven't really kept them before.

Hope this helps. Cameron.

Watch your yellows don't scoff down the blood worm & brine shrimp, this will likely result in bloat. Good food for yellows is a combination of flake, spirilina and a small amount of colour bits if you wish. With the other fish a good mixture of meat and veg (spirilina) is great and as mezza said feed around 3 times a day. HBH vegie flake provides a good variety of veg food, i've just started using this and recommend it.

Anthony

Archived