Redtop Zebs

Ant

Just something that crossed my mind just recently. I have notice that Redtop Zebras are often called 'red top cobalt' zebras. It suddenly occurred to me why i've seen so many red top zebra x cobalts around Adelaide angry.gif .

Anthony

Red top cobalts are the common name for greshakei, and Red top black bar zebra is the common name for a red top zebra wink2.gif

I really dislike common names angry.gif

Hmmmm so these fish could be greshakei x redtop black bar x cobalt for all i know angry.gif.

Anthony

Unfortunatly Ant most Psuedo's and peacocks in Adelaide are usually crossed with something.

Even if you get new blood lines in for people most here will just put them with the fish they already have and add to the problem, i have found there is only a hand full in SA that seperate species and try to breed true species. The rest all they want is a mixed tank of color and species and expect to be able to sell the fry back.

No amount of educating seems to help over here as half the shops cant even ID what they are selling to start with. shock.gif

Plus you get the shops that dont care what they are selling as well.

I cant speak for down south of Adelaide but i havnt seen a pure gresharki or RTBB in Adelaide for years.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, have seen lots of mixes. A lot of Peacock mixes as well being sold as A. Stuartgranti sp, and a truck load of marble peacocks. Also seems to be a fair few Blue Acara x GT going around & Lombardoi x marble zeb. It is a pitty.

Anthony

Archived