how much would you expect to pay for

burgoid

I recently got a prices for a 6x2x2 ($400) and a 8x2x2 ($500). You would expect to pay something in between these prices but I believe that the additional width puts a greater cost than that though. For example a 48x30x30 was quoted at $650

Ged

Only $500 for 8 x 2 x 2??????? You'd be paying almost double that in Adelaide  sad.gif.

Crikey, it's only $650 up here in the sticks for an 8x2x2 (if you know where to go) - tho regular retail 4x2x2's are $550 (got mine for $420 drilled with foam & lids)

If I was setting up a new tanks that size, I would probably go with Geds advice. Get a tank which is deeper (F to B) or longer (E to E) rather than a taller one (T to B). The difference in price is amazing. It has to do with the thickness of glass used which varies mainly with the height of the tank. It gives the fish more territory room particularly if they are all conspecifics (plus I think it looks better).

WRT price, Id expect to pay around the $500 mark for a 6'x2'x2', and probably add on a $100 or so for the extra foot. If you go 3' tall you are probably looking a 15 mm glass instead of 12mm which gets REALLY expensive (add an extra 0 to the end of tha above figure)

and dot bother with acrylic, anything thick enough to hols that much water is likely to be expensive and it scratches too easily for that amount of money.

-worm-

If you only make the tank 18" in height it will significantly lower the price of your tank. it allows for thinner glass to be used on the sides and front and back, not only saving money, but also weight.

Archived