Peacock Gudgeon

limegirl

Finally found some at the lfs yesterday - have always been interested in these little fellows, but always see the purple spotted for sale instead.

Does anyone have any experience, or words of wisdom about these little fellas?

R

Most gudgen are pretty similar i think. They are very prolific breeders and can be fussy eaters. Are they eating ok and what are you feeding them?

Anthony

They are fairly easy to keep and PH range can vary quite a bit so water conditions they are not fussy with.

Cave spawner but i found by glueing (5 lenghts) PVC tubes about 5" long into a pyramid formation works best, make sure there is 1 formation per male if you have more than 1 pair.

Spawning is the easy part raising the young at times can be a bit harder (compared to the purple spots) for that you will need a ready supply of micro worms and vinegar eels.

Otherwise they are a peacfull community fish that add a blend of colour and personality to the tank.

Foodwise: Although they prefer most live foods brine shrimp, blackworms and mozzie larvae they will redily take small sinking pellets, frozen foods and flake

Most gudgen are pretty similar i think. They are very prolific breeders and can be fussy eaters. Are they eating ok and what are you feeding them?

Anthony

They have settled in really well, and are moving around a bit and coming out for food. I am feeding live mozzie larvae, frozen bloodworms and myso shrimp, and dried mix of daphnia, betta bits, a few different flakes including vipan, crumbled algae wafers, and defrosted beans - they live in a community tank, so they get the full spread!

R

Archived