No one wants him!

BlakeyBoyR

Ive been trying to sell my wildcaught male apistogramma borellii and I quite simply cannot find a buyer. He is such a beautiful fish, I never thought I'd ever have trouble selling a wildcaught male fish with his looks, but there you have it.

If I cant find a buyer for him I might see if Auburn will place him in their planted display tank. I may not get any money for him, but at least he will have a nice home sad.gif

Im really quite suprised, I thought people would be jumping at the chance blink.gif

I'm not too suprise TBH unfortunately. Try offloading 50+ cacatuoides dry.gif .

The number of people here interested in apistos can probably be counted on one hand (you certainly wouldn't need to take your shoes off anyway rolleyes.gif ). Also, not many people would want a single male fish (would you?). I'm sure if you sourced a female for him when you get one for your other male you could sell them as a pair. Better yet, find a second female and keep them all. You never know when a male will drop dead and it also gives you a larger gene pool to work with breeding.

I'd be happy to take him but I live in Melbourne...

Dean

I agree with Dean that is would be easier to sell him as as part of a pair rather than an individual. If you end up going to the trouble of obtaining another female for him it would make sense to keep both pairs.

Gerard

I would love to take the little guy off your hands, but the fact that I am inexperienced with dwarves is a bit scary for me considering the quality of the fish. If you can't find anyone I'll gladly buy him off you, but I think that someone with more experience keeping dwarves would be a better option.

Regards, Vince

Thanks for the words of wisdom chaps, I've decided to order two females and try to sell the male as a pair. As usual I'd like to send out a thanks to Anthony at Auburn for helping me out yet again. He has been in contact with the wholesaler for me to try and get me a deal smile.gif

Hopefully come Thursday I will have two pairs of wildcaught Apistogramma Borellii. if anyone would like to express their interest in advance please feel free to drop me a line via a reply in this thread, or PM me.

Yup it's Blake, and I know its you Dicky smile.gif If your big tank has what I think it does in it, discus and corys, it'd be perfect for a pair of borellii. And no Im not just saying it, I really think they'd go well.

Blake, what's with all this buying and selling?

U should breed those borelii and once u have a surplus of fry, I'm sure ppl will take them. Hell, if they don't I can give you a list of shops that will. dntknw.gif

Paraguay shipments are not regular, and most of the borelli I've seen around are absolute rubbish. Your male is only a young fish, so really, u should be using your 2 pairs for breeding.... not to resell. He's a nice fish.

One idea i dont know if youve considered. I had a two foot tank and impulsively bought 2 pairs. I put a divider made of a plastic grid and mesh to divide the tank but allow water flow. I had both pairs breed....although none survived...probably due to feeding problems. But at least until you work otu another tank or another solution, you have two beautiful males, it would be a shame to lose one. Especially when apistos seem to die for no reason (something i didnt believe until recently, but thinking back all my pairs died for no reason and about the same time). Good luck

Adam

Archived