Turtles

E4G13M4N

<H1>Transporting turtle</H1><DIV id=Qtextbox><P><STRONG>Author: the reptilian</STRONG><BR><BR>hey people.

<br>

i might be moving down to victoria from darwin at the end of the year. i was wondering what would be the best way to transport all of my reptiles:

<br>

1 common blue tongue skink

<br>

1 central australian carpet python

<br>

2 bearded dragons

<br>

1 northern longneck turtle.

<br>

my biggest concern is with the turtle. do i fly him down or do i take him in the car. if so what sort of enclosure would be best in the car.

<br>

<br>

also what grade licence would you need in victoria for these and a diamond python??

<br>

<br>

thanks any help would be appreciated

<br>

</P></DIV><H2>Replies »</H2><DIV id=Atextbox><P><STRONG>Author: leptomaniac</STRONG><BR><BR>G'day,

<br>

<br>

All those reptiles can be transported dry, and in pillow slips. They can be driven down or flown, but make sure you organise an export licence for NT and an import licence for VIC. This is very important - NPWS must keep tabs on the number of licenced animals in the state.

<br>

<br>

I am not sure what class of licence you will need to hold the animals in VIC, but I assume it will be the equivalent of Class 1. Those animals are neither rare, nor difficult to keep, so I don't think you'll need a higher grade than that. Give NPWS a call and they will give you the details you need for the transition.

<br>

<br>

Hope this helps.

<br>

<br>

Andrew.

Archived