Red tail Jardini

novafishy

Just had a look at the URL Tam provided in another post, i noticed that there was a red tail variant of the jardini. This is awesome! and it really looks like an RTG! except it loses the redness in the tail as it grows, which is a bit of a pity.

Red tail Jar

Can we get them here in Oz?

• 6 months later...

Gordon from Wildgrove (lungfish breeders) posted some pics of a leichardti varient inthe link in my sig somewhere. A bit too lazy to dig em up at the moment but the leichardti was leucostistic from memory?

• 1 month later...
  I have some Saratoga Jardini comming down this week .

PM if you are keen for one. (10cm)

Cheers ejg

if it is the red tail jardini you are getting, pls put me down for one depending on price.

cheers

PIC's please!!

Guys, we are ONLY interested in the Red-tail Jardini. NOT the common one. If you have a common one for sale, pls leave it for the classifieds.

ejg - can you pls confirm that it is indeed the red-tail variety you are selling.

Thanks laugh.gif

I'm not sure there is an actual 'red-tail' species? The only info I could find about them was from that one guy in the states who reckons he was going to try and breed them in his ponds? With all fish there are natural color variants in the wild caused by environmental factors, diet etc. I'm thinking this is just a normal jardini but one with slightly more red in its tail - that guy even says that the red dissapears as it gets older and it looks just like any other jardini?

I have heard about people trying to sell platinum jardinis for insane prices when in actual fact they are normal ones but have kept in a white tub for while so their coloring goes real pale and they look like the albino platinum aro's cryblow.gif eventually when they are put back in a normal aquarium their color returns.

Does anybody have any more info on this red tail Jardini?

Archived