Are any type of vege ok for Mbunas?

sab

I was looking thru the fridge for some veges to feed my mbunas.

I have 6 Lab. caerulus, 5 Lab. sp Hongi (plus at least 4 fry in the tank!! woo hoo!), 6 Metriaclima Callainos (Cobalt Blue Zebra) and a male Sciaenochromis Fryeri (Electric Blue).

I have fed them Zuccini, shelled peas and lettuce before and found some pumpkin in the fridge. So i rubber banded it to a rock and popped it in... wow! they seem to love it! Especially the Electric Yellows - they are all over it like a rash! It must be the colour! LOL!

I also found some Bok Choy, Cauliflower leaves and some carrots... I havent put any of this in yet. I guess what im asking is that if it is OK to feed them any sort of vege? What ones have you feed with success?

Looking forward to hearing about others successes with veges! smile.gif

i'd stick to leafy ones and pumpkin would probably avoid things like cauliflour and definatly avoid potatoes. Think what can you eat raw. what you have mentioned should be heaps to keep them going and anythging that is similar like the bok choy etc.

cool! sounds great! The pumpkin totally went within 5 hours of putting it in the tank i reckon!!

Spoke to a buddy who has a 4 foot tank with Australian/New Guinea natives and he regularly feeds them Bok Choy as a supplement.

thanks for the feedback!

Archived