Brevis and Gold Comps same tank?

elise007

Think the topic header and title says most of it. What do people think of that, i am short on space at present and have a 85 litre tank with 10 Brevis in it and was thinking of putting my 5 Gold comps in the same one.

Would the Comps eat the Brevis is the first question or attempt to? The Brevis are a good size and i hope nearly up to breeding.

Would if they started breeding eat each others spawns, although if it looks like the comps are breeding i will attempt to tip the babies out of the shell straight into a raising tank.

Any Brevis babies i would ley grow up in the tnak, if of course the comps don't eat them.

I would prefer to put them in their own tanks for breeding but that is not possible at present.

Never enough tanks, why doesn't the wife understand?

Thanks for any responses.

Mark

Hey dude ...

Alto's eat eggs and fry in the wild ... the Brevis fry would NEVER last with the Comps around ... the Brevis may snak on the Comps fry, but most should survive ... I had Occies and Comps in the same tank and they stay away from each other, but the occie fry never lasted more than a few hours ... i could literally watch the fry swin 2cm out of the shell and the Comps would come and chomp them up ...

They'll live together given the tank is big enuf <87 might b a bit small> but saving fry is another question ...

You've also gotta remember that they are both fish that spend their time on the bottom half of the tank ... space is a big thing ...

Hope this helps ...

Ta smile.gif

Hamza wub.gif

How big are the A. comps is the question. Right now I am cycleing another tank for my meleagris, so at the moment they are living with my 11 member A. calvus colony. The largest calvus is about 4.5 inches, and the rest are between 3.5 - 4.

I think however if I put my 5.5 inch white male in there, he actually might eat, or definatly push around the meleagris. As for now though, the calvus and meleagris seem to be doing fine together.

I have never kept brevis, but from what I know about them, they probably can defend themselves a bit better then meleagris can.

The Comps are about 4-6cm at present and getting close to breeding i think.

They are in with multi babies at present and before that were in with my Nigripiniis and there were some small ones in there they could have eaten but seemed to leave alone.

Mark.

Archived