Please help me!

cirulis

Hey,

My eblue is really sick atm. He has been getting worse over the past week or so but today he has taken a turn for the worst. His skin has been getting progressivly worse over the past week or so but he has still been eating really well so i thought nothing of it and just kept adding melafix. So i put a tank divider in thinking it could be bullying but after a day of that being in his condition has deteriorated even more.

This pic gives you an idea on how bad he really is now cry2.gifcry2.gif

user posted image

Can anyone help me?? or is it too late sad.gif

Thanks

Brett

PS: water conditions are perfect.

I am highly doubting bullying atm....that patch on his back only appeared after i put the tank divider in.

Just some more info:

-he is eating well

-no other fish are showing any symtoms like it

-He is a bit lethargic....still breathing fine though....he just doesn't swim much unless he is after food, in which case he is very active lol

- He also seems to have little flaky velvety stuff on him but only a few and its very randomly placed....i think it maybe velvet but i am really not to sure and if non of the other have symptoms i am reluctant to go adding chemicals.

What do people think of giving him a salt bath and how would i go about doing it? I also have some malachite green/copper sulfate handy?

thanks

Brett

Usually i just add a couple of handfuls of epsom salts, this has fixed 'sick' looking fish plenty of times before.

I am a bit concerned about the velvet part, It may need some medication, but don't take my advice on that as I have never experianced it.

See what other members say about this.

Sorry could not be of more help

Try this site to diagnose the disease

Fish Disease Diagnosis

My view it is an internal bacterial infection.

I would isolate this fish for treatment.

You may need to approach your lfs to find a source of antibiotics....may have to be prescibed by a vet.

It may also have secondary infections...velvet???

Diagnosis is not easy....and treatment not always successful

Best of Luck.

Hi Brett,

I know this may sound way off base, but could it be the start of whitespot? It looks like he has the beginnings of it in the pic blink.gif and it doesn't have to effect all your fish at the same time - the ones with the lowest immune system will show sympoms first. Clamped fins are also a typical symptom and I don't like the bleeding at the caudal peduncle.

Take a VERY close look at the rest of the fish in the tank wink.gif

Hi all,

thanks heaps for the advice.

Anita: although it is still possible he has been sick for quite a while and no signs of white spot yet.

I am almost positive that it is internal with secondary external. Reason i say this is he is eating like a pig but is still skinny.

I have started treatment with octazin (mixed with bloodworms so hopefully digested right to the spot smile.gif )

Thanks again for the advice and i shall let you know how he goes....fingers crossed.

cheers

Brett

Try a dose of AquaMaster Tetracycline antibiotic, is very effective and is available at most LFS's. I couldn't tell you what it is but odds on its bacterial, if not the anti biotic may still cover it.

Anthony cool.gif

hello brett , did you introduce new fish ( another electric blue male ) to the tank just before he started to fade . they can sometimes sulk and not eat properly , eating but spitting it out . in the picture his stomach is sunken .

maybe try salting up the tank with rock salt , like two full hand fulls to get his slime coat back up and isolate him in a fry floater . treat the tank with a broad spectram , wardleys or what ever . if you did put another electric blue male in the tank , get him out . when he appears to respond to the treatment , a few days , release him back into the tank . feed him spirulina flakes for his ammune system and crushed white bait , just a little .

this has worked for me before , but its only a suggestion for yourself !

hope it works out for you , regards rob

Hi,

He hasn't got any worse today so he hasn't got the ice yet tongue.gif .

About isolating him....i only have and 18inch tank spare atm and it has no "aged" filtration atm...won't this cause to much stress on him?

Ram: no new fish have been added for atleast 4 months. and they were only a couple of female moorii.

Thanks heaps for the advice people smile.gif

cheers

Brett

PS: i just thought i would show you what he looked like a month or so ago. It is so sad to see him like this. cry2.gif

user posted image

Archived