Spotted Gars

illusn8

i agree with Alex, my quess is a florida gar as well

very hard to distinguish a spotted gar and a florida gar.

florida gar tend to have a broader and shorter snout. and grow to 130cm

whereas spotted grow 60cm.

hey "illusion8", did you end up buying the gars from the place i told you?. Cause they were much cheaper by far. There are heaps of spotted and florida gars and blunt nose gars about. Awesome fish to have.

nick!

ep1re is right the Florida's have a slightly broader snout as can be seen in some of the pics. I am not 100% because these two species are quite hard to tell apart, only time will tell.

well the blunt nose gars i think sooty has them for cheap, though they are only small, atlantas has them. I will look around for you. Should be plenty about. And no i didnt get the majestic shleters, kinda got stuffed around. I agree with alex its kinda of hard to tell from that pic if the gars you have are either florida or spotted. Still too young.

nick!

Nice Gars...what are you feeding them? You might want to re-size the pics to some thing smaller.....far too big thumb.gif If you dont mind me asking, how much is a fish like that worth....how much did you pay?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
nice looking gars illusn8///

i bet they've grown abit now right...

cute fellors especially when they swim/paddle

Tam

hello Tam, yeah it grown a few cm more since they started eating prawn....gheez it's unbelievable how much food they can consume........ shock.gifshock.gifshock.gif

Archived