Wallet And Mobile Stollen

The cichlid Man

:angry:

Hi all,

Today i was at work (Lams) and i had my wallet and mobile phone stollen from my bag. It was out the back in the staff room. Some devil (Cat) went through my bag and stole a Nokia 6610 (silver). If anyone is offered a Nokia 6610 (silver second hand) please email me. bfranks@iprimus.com.au

Can't wait to catch up with the theif.

Regards,

Ben :^:

Sorry to hear mate.

If its any consolation, my house got broken 2 months ago. They took over $6000 worth of goods.

Thank goodness I've only started the cichlid hobby recently which would have been worst if they were cichlid enthusiasts.

Cheers

Paul

So you mean a customer walked outthe back or reached behind the counter to get your stuff? Thats weird cause everytime ive been to lams there is always someone behind the counter :angry:

This type of stuff really ticks me off though...

Ben,

Who are you with? Optus, Voda, Telstra? or ?

If you're with Optus (please I dont need a slagging war) well if you're with Optus I hope you've called the 1300 300 937 to get the service temporarily barred so the thief cant make any outgoing calls. Or whoever your service provider is and do it pronto.

Make sure you ask them to block the IMEI number (International Mobile Equipment Identity) Its a 15 digit number on the back of the phone.

Now with intercarrier blocking the phone would be deemed useless on any Australian network. (Unfortunately it doesnt stop the real pro's though)

Its unfortunate that you've had your handset stolen, hopefully your work place has some kind of insurance that could possibly cover it? Or you have insurance with your service provider!

Good luck though, you'd be one very LUCKY man if you ever see it again.

Unfortunately thats the truth :angry:

Seay

What is more of a pain in the rear is that you will loose all your numbers. That happened to me when i dropped my phone into the ocean on a fishing trip. After learning that lesson the hard way, I now back up my numbers every few months into a "little black book". :o - hello ladies!

Thanks for all of your replies. I did speak to the Parramatta Police and they took a statement. I am with telstra and i have already organised to have the phone tracked with the IMEI number. My bag is a sports bag that i had all my clothes in from the night before and i was out in the back room not behind the counter. Strangly enough i had a wallaby jersey, oakley glasses, and a Jag watch but they didn't take any of that. The thing that sucks is that i have to terminate my contract in order to get a new phone which will cost me about $300.00

I will get them one day. Karma is a bitch

Regards,

Ben,

Doubt they'd track the IMEI number for you, be easier for them to just simply block it.

If you're after another phone I could possibly help you get it at cost price.

Dont hesistate to email me with a specifc model. I may be able to help you.

Seay

staing@bigpond.net.au

well at school ive had 2 phones and all up about $200 stolen(its a bad school belive me) these are stolen during lunch while im playing sport etc and ive also had 4 uhf radios $295 each 5 watts (instead of those cheap 0.5 watt ones) and the radios were about 3 years ago and i repeorted them stolen the next day and still nothing

sorry to be a downer but i dont think you will ever get it back. :)

I don't expect to get it back. Telstra will send a nation wide alert to all carriers with the phones IMEI number. If someone puts there sim card in the phone it will be detected by the carrier as stollen property then the phone is dis armed and can no longer be used. If the phone is recovered i am the only one who can re activate the phone. I know that there a pros that could play with the chipsets but it isn't worth taking new phones anymore.

Regards,

Archived