Motoro Rays

illusn8

well i learned something new today! laugh.gif

I dont care if them fish were $20 each (even though they are beautiful looking fish)i wouldnt be buying them and then putting my hand in the tank with them spikes dntknw.gif

But if you arent affraid then thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

very nice pics once again thumb.gif

They're very friendly fish!!! U won't get spiked unless u step on them! illsn, do you hand feed your little motoros? Get us a picture with you hand feeding them a ball fo black worms or something. wink.gif

Wonderful pets IMO. Very friendly, but at the same time a fish that u'd want to treat with some respect. I LOVE the fresh water rays.... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

They're not as dangerous as may sound, people only get stung because of stupidity reason, like trying to hold the ray or catching them without precaution...... I find my rays are very smart and gentle. Their temperament is more like a puppy.......

I haven't tried hand feeding them yet but thinking of it kevkoi, I'm not feeding them black worm any more, I have trained them to eat prawn..it was a difficult task trying to get them to eat prawn.....they have grown alot since I purchase them at 10cm in diameter, they are now about double the size.....

• 2 weeks later...

they are very nice rays i no someone with a few my self i was told that they need large water changes weekly is this true and do you do big water changes . Sorry just trying to iron out the fact from the fiction.

Thanks for the info .

Tim.

they are very nice rays i no someone with a few my self i was told that they need large water changes weekly is this true and do you do big water changes . Sorry just trying to iron out the fact from the fiction.

Thanks for the info .

Tim.

hi Tim, yes you need to change large amount of water for rays but I don't do that weekly. I prefer changing small amount every two days by changing large amount weekly you might stress the ray.... They are very sensitive to water changes....

Archived