import list update?

burgoid

IT should be early this year hopefully. Additionally the process has been altered (as I understand it).

I am all for the import list - we should have a sensible one wink.gif. But there are some species which are currently importable which clearly should not be (and vica versa).

HTH -

A little O/T, but looking at the list I notice my little favorirtes (Neo)Lamprolgus ocellatus must be over 5cm before they can be imported. What's with that, even my biggest, oldest male would struggle to get to that blink.gif ???

Bretto.

Brett -

I believe, speaking completely without any prior knowledge (so I may be wrong LOL!), that these size limits are presumably to prevent the importation of species which are similar as juveniles. Its hard to ID a 10mm Neolamp after all.

Yew, I too guessed that the size limit was there to prevent species identification problems, but at 1.5 - 2 cm anyone could identify this fish. they're dead ringers for the adults. A 5cm minimum effectively stops the import of all female ocellatus, and 90% of males too. How strictly are these rules adhered to ?

Bretto.

Archived