Canister Questions

Wilsta

Hey guys just curious if anyone has a Resun Cyclone Canister Filter CY-165. Just want to know how they go? how do they compare to a aquaone CF1200? because I am considering buying one for my new tank. Or if you could recommend one which is around the $150 mark that would be awesome! thumb.gif

Cheers

Nah reddevilman I dont want a ehiem.

Arent those big canisters all the same anyways plus ehiems are out of my budget. Other brands do just as good job if not better. like i said around the $150 mark.

thanks

Hi Wilsta,

Yup... Go Eheim!! I had it before and it never ever let me down. thumb.gif

Number of accesories made me happy too.

I also had a Fluval 303 and it was not so bad either.

Do not settle with copy cats. LOL.gifLOL.gif

Please check seame.com (EU). Price range is not so bad.

I didn't order anything from them, but they advertise "free shipping over 75 euro".

Eheim for Germany is designed for (around) 240V. rolleyes.gif

Hope this will help.

Cheers!

Mike

Eheim is probably the best but dont go past and aqua oone. Ive been running one in my American tank for nearly 2 months now and the water is just about drinkable. Ive also heard that they are tuff as nails as well. Benno

Aquaone and Aquapro are very similar in design but aren't the same.

Anthony blink.gif

Anyone got anything bad to say about the AquaPro canisters? Any dramas with them at all? Age of Aquariums are doing the CF1200 for $99 which is good considering i'm strapped for cash at the moment.....

Anyone got anything bad to say about the AquaPro canisters? Any dramas with them at all?

I've been told by many people to resist the tempting price tag on an AquaPro, if you want long life service.

To add credence to this, a mate of mine just had his CF-1500 die on him and the thing was only 8 months old! Bearing in mind they only carry a 6mth warranty, he was stuck with a dud. cryblow.gif

Also, the 1500L/hr rating on the AquaPro is a bit dubious IMO. I suspect this is an empty canister rating, because his replacement Hydor 900L/Hr canister (Italian made), cranked noticeably more than the CF-1500 did brand new. And the Hydor had just as much, if not more media packed into it. His tank's water clarity is now sensational, and the Hydor is supposedly lower capacity. Now I want a Hydor! woot.gif

HTH

Archived