Young peacocks...

phatoscarlover

Hey guys, my little Ngara 'Mdoka' peacocks are starting to colour up wink.gif Sorry the pics a bit small but dont ya just love young peacocks getting there colours!

user posted image

And just to show him off again, my young lwanda peacocks who just had there first spawn the other day, these 2 are old ones when he just started colouring up about July last year and then the third one is from Jan this year.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

thumb.gif I Love my peacocks! thumb.gif

is that lwanda ?

its pretty nice looking

thanks for sharing

Great looking fish Andy, I'm jealous. Good quality by the looks, are they bred from wildcaughts/german imports?

I've got Kandeensis also, about 2". Males have started to colour nicely. I have pics on this forum somewhere. I'm trying to get a colony going but one of the females died last week after her first mouthfull (my stupid mistake, put her back into the main tank too early), so now down to 2F only. cryblow.gif

Mate, have you found how hard it is to get good quality peacocks? I'm down to two in my display tank as they're the only ones worth keeping - an imported Korneliae and a Baenschi. The rest I had initially turned out to be halfbred crud that I didn't know what the heck they were!! And as you'd agree peacocks are hard because you grow them for about two years to get results, and then you might end up with a mongrel! mad.gif So yeah, really gotta do your homework and I'm now extremely fussy.

laugh.gif Ahhh i found a peacock lover in the crowd! wink.gif Yeah good peacocks are hard to find, ive sent you a PM about the source. The kandee`s are a beautifull peacock but there prolific breeders, i got 2M 9F and ive only had them for a month or 2 but had 5-6 mouthfulls already, decent sized mouthfulls 25-35 from most of them, and the male is nice and gentle while holding the other girls back during spawning so so far none of my females have got any damage. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Unless your a REALLY keen peacock breeder dont bother importing them yourself, there is plenty of good stock here youve just got to be paitent for it and wait for the right breeder to have fry avaliable. Cheers Andy

Archived