Finally replaced camera

Willy Wombat

Still learning how to use it.

Excuse the dirty glass i got a little excited ohmy.gif (and forgot to clean it prior to photos)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Also i saved these pics at very low res, but it is so nice to be back in the game. smile.gif

Will do more soon!

Hey Willy, nice shots. The Comps look very nice.

It's good to see someone in Canberra has shellies. I can't believe that at one stage I was selling my Gold Occie fry (2.5-3cm) for $4 because no-one wanted them. A certain dealer in Belco offered me $3 after I bought the dad off him for $35!!!

Oh and after this comment:

Excuse the dirty glass i got a little excited

I don't think you should ever be allowed to moderate Michelle ever again. no2.gif

Cheers

Richard

Timmy - i bought then shellies (gold occies) off brownfish a year ago - but im not currently breeding them, and i dont think he has any for sale. They are a bit rare in the Canberra parts at the moment. Sorry i cant help you further. Try the classifieds for more help.

Settings for those pics were only on automatic. These were the first shots i took with the cam, straight out of the box, hence my dirty glass. wub.gif I didnt use any manual focus features, special flashes, tripods or anything like that - just point at tank and shoot. I know i will do better in days to come when i get my stuff sorted out. tongue.gif

Andy - after i get the $200 cash back offer i will have paid $2000 for D70 body, plus NIkkor 18-70mm lense and Nikkor 70-300mm telephoto lense, plus Lowepro bag, plus spare battery plus 512MB CF card and extended 24 month warranty. A pretty good deal, and one i had to work for. I got scared off Ebay after the warning about grey imports, and after my old cam breaking i wanted to spend a little extra to be safe. I shopped around and made friends with lovely young girl (ratailer in ACT) who i did lots of smiling at rolleyes.gif . I also got her to throw in 250 free prints. I tried the cheaper tamron lenses (quite good) but in the end i thought the quality from the Nikkor was slightly better and im sure i will get a better re-sale value there.

I debated over the pros and cons of Nikon versus Cannon and in the end i just prefurred the feel of the Nikon. I prefered the feel of the Nikon D100 over the D70 but i am not made of money wink.gif . This new purchase will keep me poor for some many months to come. Woe is me - but i have a shiney new cam to keep me company on those lonely nights at home when my mates are boozing their pay cheques up against a wall. Eventually i hope to get an underwater housing for it too.

More pics to come soon

I don't think you should ever be allowed to moderate Michelle ever again. 

- Richard - Shhhh dont tell her i have been making any innuendo or loaded comments or she will be twice as hard to control.

I'm not looking at the grey imports. I want someone who is selling off their D70 to upgrade laugh.gif

Sounds like a fair deal though with the 2 lenses and all the extras. wink.gif

Great shots Steve I love those comps

Timmy - i bought then shellies (gold occies) off brownfish a year ago - but im not currently breeding them, and i dont think he has any for sale.

And I bought willy's excess male from 5 months ago. We are a close knit little cult down here.

BTW Steve (and richard I suppose as he bred him originally wink.gif ) he is looking very happy in his new 2x18x18 in the fish room, if not a little lonely. I must get you round with the impressive camera and get some shots for me. Although he is not as good a specimen as the Male Salousi that WAS in the tank (cycling it) decided to show Henry (the occie) who was boss, can't tell I have a child that loves the wiggles, and his missing the top part of his tail. mad.gif . That salousi is now cycling another tank I just setup, that will learn him tongue.gif

cheers

Rosco

Archived