Almost 2ft tank...any suggestions to improve it?

Mango4Jade

I currently got a tank which is almost 2ft long. It currently hold lots of guppy fry and a 4cm Pleco. Some 2cm bns are going in there in a few weeks time. Current plants...some Corkscrew wal, some Anacharis, and about 5 Anubias barteri. Im going to add some driftwoods with plants on them in a few days. After the guppies grow up and gets sold...im mainly keeping it as a catfish tank with plants.

Pics here

Cheers

Mango clap.gif

Love the gravel colour, I'm going to be turning my 3ft planted eventually to black gravel, I love it wub.gif

It looks good for starters! ONce some driftwood goes in there, And your plants grow out a bit, And maybe a few additional plants, and you're well on your way to having an awesome catfish planted tank!

Make sure to keep us updated on how it's going!

Cameron. laugh.gif

I would add a "feature" such as a unique rock or piece of wood to build the plants around.

The is a book called nature Aquarium world by a Japanese guy who pioneered planted aquariums that might be worth a look. There is an associated website at

Link

Have a browse through it for tips on layouts.

The only other thing I would say is that a heater should never be a feature - put it upright and in the corner of your tank!

Regards

David

Thanks for the kind words rolleyes.gif . Im getting the driftwoods on thursday. Im trying to make the tank mainly based on Anubias because they look nice with catfish tongue.gif

I was thinking removing the corkscrew val and placing the bn cave in the corner...then cover the sides with gravel to make it look natural. Once that is done the driftwood goes on top. But, that has to wait until I get everything blush.gif

I will surely keep this post up-to-date thumb.gif

Cheers

Mango cool.gif

When you're doing your reply post, Look up the top, You will see buttons saying "http://" "IMG" "@" "QUOTE" etc.

Click on the IMG button, then enter the web address of your image (eg... http://cameronsfishpicture.com )

That is the easy way,

Otherwise you can basically do it this way, Type it like this....

REMOVE @'s from sentence)

[@img@]http://cameronsfishpicture.com[@/img@]

And that will post the image.

But firstly you need to have your picture hosted on the web...

A recomended site of mine is, www.photobucket.com

Hope this helps. smile.gif

Cameron.

Update

Bought some plants along with some plants on driftwood (total value $32). When I came home from work, I quickly added in the new features and re-arranged the tank I bit. Once finished, I sat back and checked out the tank. Quite ok...just missing some fish...but anyways...I took some pictures...not that clear, but will tank more soon.

Pics here

Hope you all like it...im just missing the bn cave and the bns laugh.gif

Cheers

Mango thumb.gif

Archived