My new planted tank

Kribbie

Hi guys,

Well, finally here we are....this is the tank that I've just set up for around a week. I've added 6 tetras, 1 SAE and a breeding pair of Kribs in it. However, I'm still looking for a better external filter in a short period of time. Hope that the tank will be running well~ :^:

tank_01a.jpg

tank_02a.jpg

tank_03a.jpg

Cheers,

Heidi

very nice. one question, how much lighting do you have? how big is the tank? and how much did the lighting cost?. becasue im thinking i want to plant my tank out all nice but the amount of light i need is going to cost heaps.

Matt

Hi Matt,

My tank is a small 20" tank and with around 40L. It is used to be a fry tank but now I turned it into a planted one. As for the lighting, I only got a single reflector with a 15W Power-Glo T8 tube. Since the plants that I've got here are all those that don't really need strong light, so I think they should be fine with this lighting.

Yea, I reckon lighting would cost heaps (same for a filtering system!), I got my reflector from Xtreme Aquarium and the tube from the Pet Warehouse@ Cronulla. But I think those ones in St. Geroge Aqu. cost around $40 for a 3ft , single lighting case and around $19 for the tube!

But if you are planning to get some plants that need strong light, I don't think a single tubing would suits...maybe a double light reflector will be better.

Hope these helps~ :unsure

Cool pics Heidi -

We're planning on having a "tanks" section of the SCP gallery. Would you mind if we added your pic? If so can you email it to me with your name so I can put the credit on the photo.

Cheers :)

Hi Heidi

i like your planted tank it looks really cool , what plants in there are growing the best , im hoping to start up again with a 2ft planted tank . What plant is the green and white striped and is that java moss you have attached to a rock

cheers

Hi YeW,

Oh...cool! Thanks for the invitation~ I would love to see this new section coming up soon! It must be very exciting and so that we can see our members' tanks....hehehe.... I'll send you the pics within a few days, cos I'm not home right now and will need to work tomorrow and Sunday as well...hmm..I'll send you the pics ASAP is that ok? :rolleyes:

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the comment~ hmm....most of the plants in there are growing alright, but I noticed that some of the crypts are melting because of the new environment. I reckon they will do alot better after a period of time when they have adapted the water in the tank. As for "the green and white striped" plant, I have no idea what the ID of this plant but I believe it's some type of swords...and yea....those are the java moss attached on a driftwood...but they are dying right now...hope they will do better later on...

Anyway, good luck with your 2ft tank and pls post up some pics after the tank is set up, okies? :)

Cheers,

Heidi

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou wazza~

now my tank has been settled and the java fern is starting to develop a new plant on one of its leave. Other plants such as crypts and drawf swords are also doing fine~

Now there are 4 cherry barbs, 7 empiral tetra, 1 SAE, 1 sucking cat and a pair of kribs in this tank. I want to add a little bit more plants when I have find something nice to add with... rolleyes.gif And after 2 weeks or so I'll change the internal fitler to a new external "Hydor Prime 10" that my dad bought me from oversea, so that the filtration will run a lot better~ biggrin.gif

Archived