Where are the American lovers?

gswalker

Im a sucker for both african and americans! Ive only got Cichla Monoculas at the momment but il get myself another pair of oscars again further down the track hopefully. I got bored of the SA`s cause i found all i needed to do to breed them was have a male and a female in a big enough tank with occasional water changes and they would spawn! just no challenge to it. I like the cichla but i would only ever really keep 1-2 diffrent american speices these days.Just dont have the space and cant be bothered with the aggression. thumb.gif Cheers andy

I'm new to Americans. Just got myself a red devil but yea, would like more chit chat about them. I know stuff all about them and would like to learn from other peoples experiences.

Anthony cool.gif

Where are they all?? seems like all the talk is about Africans huh?

It's been like this for a while. Altough thanks to a certain dude (thanks for the festae clap.gif) at the NSW cichlid soc who is really gunning for the re-popularisation of this fantastic under rated cichlid group I think awareness is increasing. Originally I was originally into Africans, but not anymore. Im not aware of any Africans i really would like now. In fact I will be selling out my Africans to make way for more Americans. I feel that Americans have more personality. I know my Green terror recognises me now. Not scared of me at all, i can hand feed him too. These days I would rather have a few big fish in a tank as opposed to more smaller fish.

Currently keep Green Terror,Cichla mono,Festae. would love a dovi or umbee. Go the Americans! thumb.gif

Well i am back and back for good coz i got adsl now whooooo hooooooo so i guess ill be seeing you guys alot more in the forums now. Go the Americans all ive ever kept and probably all ill keep. peace Benno

Gswalker,

I have this massive interest in Eartheaters such a graceful elegant fish with plenty of character my goal is to attain as many different varities of eartheaters as I can possibly keep. I only have Redhumps & Altifrons thus far but am always on the lookout for eartheater breeders etc...

I also keep severum and oscar I used to have blue acaras as well... As you may have noticed I am a huge south american fan.

Africans just dont cut it for me

Im interested to know what Lilith are? Ive never heard of them.

I used to keep lots of americans like severums,oscars,red devil,earth eaters etc but I had trouble decorating the tank so Ill probably be keeping the dwarf varieties now.

Americans lovers sign in!!

I currently keep...

RD, JD, Texas, Jag, Blue Acara, Blackbelt, Synspilum, Convicts, Salvini & Severums.

I have 2 breeding pairs of Lilith and someone else has another pair that havent bred yet, the juvies are about 5cm(take ages to grow) not sure what I want for them because i sold a lot of them to a guy that paid $90 for them and they were a little smaller than what they are now

Hmmm interesting proposition, i will see, dont know if I will be going out west for the auction but will see , they are onlt 1 1/2 cm at this stage so im not sure they will be sold in time for the auctions, the juvies are not for sale just yet as I want to grow them up a little bit more, but will keep you posted

Archived