My female swallowed her babies

GTR73

Got all excited Friday arvo, one of my Blue Orchid Peacock females had a mouthfull and I could see the fry wriggling inside. First time ever, for me and her, as these fish are still pretty much juvies (only 5-6cm).

So I carefully placed her in a floating frysaver in the breeder tank on Saturday night and she seemed fine, but by Sunday morning they were gone. Possible she may have ate them, 'cause I imagine she would have been very hungry, but as it was her first time I guess she wasn't ready. dry.gif

Everything has progressed well since getting my 7 juvies from a breeder, aiming to create a colony. I have ended up with a dominant male that has started to colour up beautifully, and 3 females. Can't believe they have started to breed already, so a promising start. rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif Yeah i found that the Kandee`s will breed at a smaller size than alot of other peacocks, Ive got 9F 2M and they breed non stop, ive only had them for 2 months and ive already had atleast 5 mouthfulls and i got a fry tank with about 50odd fry in it too. Youll love watching them though thumb.gif

Good luck with it! Cheers Andy

Archived